Fever-Tree Drinks PLC is a publicly-traded company listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) under the ticker symbol “FEVR.” The company is part of the FTSE 250 index, which tracks the performance of the 101st to the 350th largest companies listed on the LSE. As of this post, Fevertree’s Share Price is at 1,347.79 GBx.
Fever-Tree Drinks PLC is a British premium mixer drinks company founded in 2005 by Charles Rolls and Tim Warrillow. The idea for the company was born out of their frustration with the poor quality of mixers used in their drinks while working in the drinks industry.
The company’s first product was premium Indian tonic water made with natural ingredients and sold in glass bottles. It quickly gained popularity, with consumers seeking high-quality mixers to complement their premium spirits. Next, the company expanded its product range to include a variety of tonic waters, ginger beers, and other mixers, all made with natural ingredients. It aimed at the premium end of the market.
Fever-Tree Drinks PLC went public in 2014 with an initial public offering (IPO) on the London Stock Exchange, which was oversubscribed and raised £93 million for the company. The IPO made the founders and early investors of Fever-Tree Drinks PLC multi-millionaires, and the company’s share price has continued to rise since then as the company has expanded its product range and entered new markets.
Today, Fever-Tree Drinks PLC is a global company with a presence in over 80 countries worldwide. Bartenders and consumers use its mixers to complement premium spirits such as gin, vodka, and whisky. The company continues to innovate and expand its product range, using natural ingredients and creating high-quality mixers that enhance the drinking experience.
- Strong brand recognition: Fever-Tree Drinks PLC is a well-known brand in the premium mixer market, with a reputation for high-quality, natural ingredients. Its mixers are popular with bartenders and consumers and have won numerous awards for taste and quality.
- Growth potential: The company has experienced substantial growth in recent years, expanding its product range and entering new markets. Fevertree Share Price has a strong presence in the UK, Europe, and the US, but there is also potential for further growth in other regions.
- Premium positioning: Fevertree Share Price targets the premium end of the mixer market, which can provide higher profit margins than the lower end. As consumers increasingly seek premium products, this positioning could help the company grow and remain profitable.
- Strong financials: As of September 2021, Fevertree Share Price had a solid balance sheet with no debt and substantial cash reserves. The company has also consistently delivered strong financial results, with revenue and profits growing recently.
Fever-Tree Drinks PLC operates in the premium mixer market, which is highly competitive. Some of the company’s main competitors include:
- Schweppes: A well-known brand of carbonated beverages that includes tonic water, ginger ale, and other mixers.
- Coca-Cola: One of the world’s largest beverage companies, offering a range of mixers under its brand, including tonic water and ginger ale.
- Britvic: A British soft drinks company that produces a range of mixers, including tonic water, ginger beer, and soda water.
- Fentimans: A premium mixer brand that uses natural ingredients and botanicals to create its range of mixers, including tonic water, ginger beer, and lemonade.
- Double Dutch: A premium mixer brand that offers a range of mixers, including tonic water, ginger beer, and soda water, that are designed to complement premium spirits.
I want to let you know that this is not an exhaustive list, and other companies may also compete with Fever-Tree Drinks PLC in the premium mixer market. Competition can come from both established brands and new entrants into the market.