888 Holdings PLC is a publicly-traded company on the London Stock Exchange (LSE). It is listed under the ticker symbol “888” and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. As of this post, the 888 Share Price is at 81.10 GBX.
As of April 30, 2023, the market capitalisation of 888 Holdings PLC is approximately £1.7 billion. The company’s share price can fluctuate based on various factors, including market trends, company performance, and broader economic conditions.
888 Holdings PLC is an online gaming and entertainment company based in Gibraltar. The company was founded in 1997 by Israeli entrepreneurs Avi and Aaron Shaked and their partners Ron and Shay Ben-Yitzhaq.
Initially, the company focused on developing and operating its online casino and poker room. In 2005, 888 Holdings PLC went public on the London Stock Exchange, raising £173 million in its initial public offering (IPO).
Over the years, 888 Holdings PLC has expanded its operations through organic growth and strategic acquisitions. In 2010, the company acquired Wink Bingo, one of the largest online bingo operators in the UK. In 2015, 888 Holdings PLC acquired bwin: party Digital Entertainment, a prominent online gaming company, for £898 million.
Today, 888 Holdings PLC operates a wide range of online gaming and entertainment products, including online casino games, poker, sports betting, and bingo. The company is in multiple markets worldwide, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
Despite facing regulatory challenges in specific markets, such as the United States, 888 Holdings PLC has continued to grow and diversify its operations. As of 2021, the company employs over 1,400 people and has a market capitalisation of around £1.7 billion.
Established brand: 888 Share Price is a well-known and respected brand in the online gaming and entertainment industry. The company has been operating for over two decades and has built a strong reputation for quality and innovation.
Diversified operations: 888 Share Price operates a wide range of online gaming and entertainment products, including online casino games, poker, sports betting, and bingo. This diversification can help mitigate risks associated with changes in consumer preferences or regulatory challenges in specific markets.
Global presence: 888 Share Price is in multiple markets worldwide, including Europe, North America, and Asia. This can provide opportunities for growth and expansion as the company develops new markets.
Strong financials: 888 Holdings PLC has a history of strong financial performance, with revenue growth and profitability in recent years. This can be attractive to investors seeking companies with a solid financial foundation.
888 Holdings PLC operates in a competitive industry, and several other companies offer similar online gaming and entertainment products. Some of the main competitors of 888 Holdings PLC include:
- GVC Holdings PLC: GVC Holdings PLC is a global sports betting and gaming group operating in over 20 countries. The company’s brands include Ladbrokes, Coral, and bwin.
- Flutter Entertainment PLC: Flutter Entertainment PLC is a global sports betting and gaming company operating in over 100 countries. The company’s brands include Paddy Power, Betfair, and Sky Betting & Gaming.
- Kindred Group PLC: Kindred Group PLC is a global online gambling company operating in multiple markets worldwide. The company’s brands include Unibet, Maria Casino, and 32Red.
- The Stars Group Inc.: The Stars Group Inc. is a global online gaming company operating in multiple markets worldwide. The company’s brands include PokerStars, BetStars, and Full Tilt.
- William Hill PLC: William Hill PLC is a global sports betting and gaming company operating in multiple markets worldwide. The company’s brands include William Hill, Mr Green, and Sportingbet.
It is worth noting that the online gaming and entertainment industry is constantly evolving, and new competitors may emerge.