Indivior PLC is a pharmaceutical company specializing in developing and selling prescription medications for the treatment of addiction and related mental health disorders. The company is based in the United Kingdom and various countries worldwide. As of this post, the Indivior Share Price is 1,461.00 GBX.
Indivior Share Price has an exciting and eventful history. Here is a brief overview of its key milestones:
Foundation and Early Years
Indivior was originally part of Reckitt Benckiser, a global consumer goods company. It started as the pharmaceutical division of Reckitt Benckiser in 1994, focusing on addiction treatment products.
Spin-off and Listing
In December 2014, Reckitt Benckiser announced its intention to separate its pharmaceutical division into a standalone company, leading to the creation of Indivior PLC. As a result, Indivior was listed as an independent entity on the London Stock Exchange in December 2014.
Legal Challenges and Generic Competition
Indivior Share Price faced significant legal challenges related to the marketing and sales practices of its Suboxone Film product. In 2019, the U.S. Department of Justice indicted Indivior on charges of fraudulently marketing Suboxone. The company agreed to pay a settlement of $1.4 billion to resolve the case. Additionally, the expiration of patents for Suboxone Film led to increased competition from generic versions of the drug.
Diversification and Pipeline Expansion
In recent years, Indivior Share Price has focused on diversifying its product portfolio and expanding its pipeline. It has developed new formulations, such as Sublocade and Perseris, to provide additional treatment options for addiction and mental health disorders.
As of September 2021, Indivior Share Price continued to operate as a pharmaceutical company specializing in addiction treatment. However, the company’s financial performance and strategic developments may have changed since then, so it’s essential for you to refer to the latest news and reports for the most up-to-date information on Indivior.
The advantages of investing in an Indivior Share Price may vary based on individual investment goals and risk tolerance. Here are some potential advantages that investors might consider:
Specialized Market Focus
Indivior Share Price operates in the niche addiction treatment market, which can provide specialization and differentiation. The company’s expertise in this area, particularly with its flagship product Suboxone, gives it a competitive edge and potential for growth in the addiction treatment market.
Strong Product Portfolio
Indivior Share Price has a range of products targeting addiction and related mental health disorders. In addition to Suboxone, the company has developed Sublocade, a monthly injectable formulation of buprenorphine, and Perseris, a long-acting injectable treatment for schizophrenia. A diversified product portfolio can help mitigate risks associated with reliance on a single product.
The global opioid addiction crisis and the need for effective treatment options provide a significant market opportunity for Indivior’s Share Price. Additionally, as awareness of addiction and mental health issues continues to grow, there is a potential for increased demand for the company’s products.
Potential for Innovation and Pipeline Expansion
Indivior Share Price has demonstrated a commitment to research and development, as seen in developing new formulations like Sublocade and Perseris. As a result, the company’s pipeline may offer the potential for future product launches and expansion into new indications, which can contribute to future growth.
Indivior Share Price has a presence in various countries, allowing it to access diverse markets. International expansion can provide opportunities for revenue growth and diversification.
- Reckitt Benckiser: Indivior’s former parent company, Reckitt Benckiser, continues to operate in the pharmaceutical sector. While it no longer owns Indivior, Reckitt Benckiser is involved in developing and marketing its addiction treatment products, such as Subutex.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.: Teva is a multinational pharmaceutical company that develops and sells a wide range of generic and branded medications. It is known to produce generic versions of buprenorphine, the active ingredient in Suboxone and other addiction treatment medications.
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals: Mallinckrodt is a global specialty pharmaceutical company that produces and markets various products, including opioid-based pain medications and addiction treatment drugs. It manufactures generic versions of buprenorphine products, competing directly with Indivior’s Suboxone.
- Mylan N.V.: Mylan is a leading generic pharmaceutical company offering a diverse product portfolio. Like Teva and Mallinckrodt, Mylan produces generic buprenorphine products, creating competition for Indivior’s addiction treatment medications.
- Alkermes plc: Alkermes focuses on developing and commercializing medicines to treat addiction, central nervous system disorders, and other conditions. Their products, such as Vivitrol (naltrexone), compete with Indivior’s offerings in the addiction treatment space.