Pennon Group plc is a British utility and waste management company listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “PNN”. The company operates through its subsidiaries, including South West Water, Viridor, and Pennon Water Services. As of this post, Pennon’s Share Price is at 859.50 GBX.
Pennon Group plc had a market capitalisation of around £4.8 billion and a share price of approximately £10.70.
Pennon Group plc has a history dating back to the early 20th century. The company was initially formed in 1926 as the Devon Waste Reclamation Company, which was focused on collecting and processing waste in the southwest region of England.
Over time, the company expanded its operations, and in 1989, it acquired South West Water, a regional water company serving Devon, Cornwall, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. The acquisition transformed the company into a significant player in the UK’s water industry.
In 1993, the company changed its name to Pennon Group plc, reflecting its focus on providing integrated water and waste management services. In 2000, the company expanded its waste management operations by acquiring Viridor, a leading waste management company in the UK.
In recent years, Pennon Group has continued to grow its business and diversify its operations. In 2016, the company acquired Bournemouth Water, a regional water company serving parts of Dorset and Hampshire. In 2019, Pennon Group sold Viridor to KKR, a global investment firm, for £4.2 billion, as part of its strategy to focus on its core water business.
Today, Pennon Group is one of the largest utility companies in the UK, providing water and wastewater services to around 1.7 million customers in the southwest region and operating a network of waste management facilities nationwide.
Pennon Group plc is a major player in the UK’s water industry, serving around 1.7 million customers in the country’s southwest region. The company also operates a network of waste management facilities across the UK. Its established position in these industries could provide a stable base for long-term growth.
Pennon Share Price has diversified its operations by offering water and waste management services. This diversification could buffer against economic downturns that affect one sector more than the other.
As a water and waste management company, Pennon Share Price is well-positioned to benefit from the growing trend towards sustainable practices. The company has committed to reducing carbon emissions and increasing the amount of renewable energy it generates.
As of September 2021, Pennon Group plc had a market capitalisation of around £4.8 billion. The company has a history of delivering consistent financial performance, with solid revenue and earnings growth over the past several years.
Main Competitors of Pennon Group
- United Utilities. United Utilities is a British water company that provides water and wastewater services to around seven million customers in the North West of England. It is one of the largest water companies in the UK.
- Severn Trent. Severn Trent is another British water company that serves over 4.4 million customers in the Midlands and mid-Wales regions of the UK. It is one of the largest water companies in the UK.
- Thames Water. Thames Water is the UK’s most significant water and wastewater services company, serving around 15 million customers in London and the Thames Valley region.
- Biffa. Biffa is a UK-based waste management company that provides waste collection, recycling, and disposal services.
- Veolia. Veolia is a global waste management company that provides water, waste management, and energy services. It operates in over 40 countries, including the UK.