SNG, to invest or not?
Synairgen is a biotechnology company focused on developing treatments for respiratory illnesses, including asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The company’s lead product is called SNG001, which is an inhaled formulation of interferon beta-1a, a naturally occurring protein that helps the immune system fight viruses.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Synairgen has been conducting clinical trials of SNG001 as a potential treatment for COVID-19. In July 2020, the company announced positive results from a Phase II trial of SNG001 in COVID-19 patients, which showed that the drug reduced the risk of severe disease and the need for hospitalization. Synairgen is currently conducting a Phase III trial of SNG001 in COVID-19 patients.
Synairgen was founded in 2004 and is based in Southampton, UK. The company is publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange.
SNG Share price closed at 11.25 GBX today. This closing price decreased at 4.67% compared to the previous day. Synairgen being a biotechnology company has peaked its share price during the pandemic. Its highest was at 251 GBX on August, 2020. Relatively, this is because around this time, Covid-19 has taken over the world, making biotechnology companies like Synairgen to be the ones doing great business.
However, its price flunked down to 18.46 GBX in March of 2022. As we know, restrictions and Covid-19 infections has also decreased at this time. The trend has been on a plateau at 11.25 since then.
Who is SNG or Synairgen?
Synairgen is a biotechnology company based in Southampton, UK. Formely known as Air Gen, the company was founded in 2004, and is focused on developing treatments for respiratory illnesses, such as asthma and COPD, using its proprietary technology platform.
The company’s products are either marketed prophylactically or used as rescue therapy in emergency situations. It has invested more than $100 million over the last several years to acquire promising product candidates and innovative technologies.
Synairgen’s Main Competitor?
Synairgen operates in the biotechnology industry and focuses on developing treatments for respiratory illnesses, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and COVID-19. As such, the company faces competition from other biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies that are developing similar treatments for respiratory illnesses. Some of Synairgen’s main competitors include:
- AstraZeneca: A multinational pharmaceutical company that develops treatments for respiratory diseases, among other therapeutic areas.
- GlaxoSmithKline: A global pharmaceutical company that specializes in respiratory treatments, including inhalers and biologic drugs.
- Novartis: A Swiss pharmaceutical company that develops treatments for respiratory diseases, including COPD and asthma.
- Boehringer Ingelheim: A German pharmaceutical company that develops treatments for respiratory diseases, including COPD and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Regeneron: A biotechnology company that develops treatments for a range of diseases, including respiratory illnesses, such as asthma.
It’s worth noting that competition can come from many sources in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries, and Synairgen may face competition from other companies that are not listed here.
Synairgen is a publicly traded company which means you can invest in its stock by buying shares through a stockbroker or an online trading platform that provides access to the London Stock Exchange (LSE), where Synairgen shares are traded. Here are the general steps to follow to invest in SNG Share price:
- Choose a stockbroker or an online trading platform. You can choose a stockbroker or an online trading platform that provides access to the LSE. Some popular options include Hargreaves Lansdown, AJ Bell, Interactive Investor, and eToro.
- Open a brokerage account. You will need to open an account with your chosen stockbroker or online trading platform. This usually involves providing some personal information and completing an application process.
- Fund your account. Once your account is open, you will need to fund it with money to buy Synairgen shares. You can do this by transferring funds from your bank account or credit card to your brokerage account.
- Place an order to buy Synairgen shares. Once your account is funded, you can place an order to buy Synairgen shares. You will need to provide the stock ticker symbol (“SNG”) and the number of shares you want to buy, as well as any other relevant information.
Please note that investing in stocks involves risks and it’s important to conduct thorough research and seek professional financial advice before making any investment decisions.