The London Stock Exchange has listed Taylor Wimpey PLC under the “TW.” As of September 2021, Taylor Wimpey had a market capitalization of around £7.6 billion. Taylor Wimpey’s Share Price as of this post is 116.68 GBp.
Investors can purchase shares of Taylor Wimpey through a stockbroker or an online trading platform that supports trading on the London Stock Exchange. Various factors can influence the stock price. This includes the company’s financial performance, industry trends, economic conditions, and global events.
Taylor Wimpey PLC is a UK-based residential developer with a long history from the 19th century. The company was formed in 2007 by merging Taylor Woodrow and George Wimpey, two of the UK’s largest housebuilders.
Following the merger, Taylor Wimpey became one of the UK’s largest residential developers, with operations in the UK, Spain, and the United States. The company’s focus is on building high-quality homes at affordable prices, and it has built a reputation for delivering homes that meet the needs of a wide range of buyers.
In recent years, Taylor Wimpey has faced a challenging operating environment due to Brexit uncertainty, changes to government policies, and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the company has continued to adapt and innovate, launching new developments and investing in technology to improve its operations and customer experience.
- Exposure to the residential property market. Taylor Wimpey is a leading residential developer with a strong track record of building homes across the UK, Spain, and the United States. As a result, investing in the company could gain exposure to the residential property market. This could mean providing an attractive return on investment over the long term.
- Strong financial performance. Taylor Wimpey also has a history of delivering strong financial results, consistent revenue growth, and high profitability. The company has also maintained a strong balance sheet with low debt levels, which can provide financial stability and flexibility.
- Attractive dividend yield. Taylor Wimpey has a policy of paying out a significant portion of its earnings as dividends to shareholders. As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021, the company had a dividend yield of around 4%, which could provide regular income for investors.
- Experienced management team. Taylor Wimpey has a highly experienced management team with a strong track record of delivering results. The company has a clear strategy focused on building high-quality homes at affordable prices, and the management team has demonstrated its ability to execute this strategy effectively.
Main Competitors of Taylor Wimpey PLC
Taylor Wimpey PLC operates in the residential property development industry. Some of its main competitors include:
- Barratt Developments PLC
- Persimmon PLC
- Redrow PLC
- Bellway PLC
- Berkeley Group Holdings PLC
- Crest Nicholson Holdings PLC
- Bovis Homes Group PLC
- Countryside Properties PLC
- Galliford Try PLC
- McCarthy & Stone PLC
These companies are all involved in constructing and selling new homes in the United Kingdom and may compete with Taylor Wimpey PLC for land acquisitions, customer demand, and pricing.