Volex PLC is a publicly traded company on the London Stock Exchange, listed under the ” VLX ” ticker. As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021, the company’s market capitalization was around £479 million. As of this post, Volex’s Share Price is at 277.69 GBX.
Volex is a global power cords and cable assembly solutions provider for various industries, including consumer electronics, healthcare, and telecommunications. The company operates manufacturing facilities in China, Mexico, Poland, and the United States, among other locations.
Volex PLC is a British company founded in 1892 as a textile machinery manufacturer. Over time, the company shifted its focus to electrical cables and connectors, and in 1965 it went public on the London Stock Exchange.
Today, Volex Share Price is a global power cords and cable assembly solutions provider for various industries, including consumer electronics, healthcare, and telecommunications. The company has manufacturing facilities in China, Mexico, Poland, and the United States, among other locations.
Volex has undergone several significant changes in recent years. In 2016, the company acquired Silcotec Europe Limited, a cable assemblies and connectors manufacturer for the medical, military, and industrial markets. In 2019, Volex acquired the cable assembly business of DEKA, a US-based medical device manufacturer. Additionally, in 2020, Volex divested its Connectors business to Alpha Wire, a subsidiary of Belden Inc.
Throughout its history, Volex has demonstrated a commitment to innovation and sustainability. For example, the company has developed patented technologies for power cords and cable assemblies that improve safety, durability, and efficiency. Volex also strongly focuses on environmental responsibility, with initiatives to reduce waste and carbon emissions throughout its operations.
Some potential advantages of investing in Volex Share Price include the following:
- Diversified Customer Base: Volex Share Price serves diverse industries, which can help mitigate risks associated with fluctuations in any particular market.
- Global Reach: Volex has manufacturing facilities in several countries, which can provide the company access to diverse markets and help mitigate risks associated with any particular region.
- Innovation: Volex Share Price has a history of developing innovative solutions for power cords and cable assemblies, which could give the company a competitive advantage.
- Focus on Sustainability: Volex has demonstrated a solid commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility, which could help the company attract customers and investors who prioritize these values.
- M & A Activity: Volex has been active in mergers and acquisitions in recent years, which could lead to increased growth and profitability in the future.
However, it’s important to note that investing in any company carries risks, and there is no guarantee that Volex will perform well in the future. Therefore, conducting thorough research and consulting a financial advisor before making investment decisions is always a good idea.
Volex Share Price operates in the cable and cable assembly market, a highly competitive industry. Some of the main competitors of Volex include:
- TE Connectivity Ltd.: TE Connectivity is a global technology company that provides connectors, sensors, and cables to various industries, including automotive, industrial, and telecommunications.
- Molex LLC: Molex is a leading global provider of electronic solutions, including connectors, cables, and other interconnect products. The company serves various industries, including automotive, consumer electronics, and healthcare.
- Amphenol Corporation: Amphenol is a global provider of interconnect solutions for various industries, including aerospace, defense, and telecommunications. The company offers various connectors, cables, and other interconnect products.
- Alpha Wire Corporation: Alpha Wire is a leading manufacturer of wire, cable, and tubing products for various industries, including automotive, industrial, and telecommunications. The company offers a range of innovative solutions for cable and wire applications.
- Lapp Group: Lapp Group is a global provider of cables, connectors, and other connectivity solutions for various industries, including automotive, industrial, and renewable energy. The company operates in over 50 countries and strongly focuses on innovation and sustainability.