The London Stock Exchange (LSE) has listed Helium One Global Ltd (HE1) under the ticker symbol “HE1”. The company focuses on exploring and developing helium resources in Tanzania to become a leading global helium supplier. HE1 Share Price as of this post is 6.50.
Helium One Global Ltd is a helium exploration and development company based in the United Kingdom. The company has its headquarters located in London. Founded in 2016, it focuses primarily on exploring and developing helium resources in Tanzania.
In 2016, the company secured exploration licenses for three helium projects in Tanzania. These projects are located in the Rukwa region of southwestern Tanzania. A place believed to be one of the world’s most promising areas for helium exploration.
Since then, Helium One has extensively explored its Tanzanian projects. This includes drilling, seismic, and airborne surveys. In 2020, the company announced a significant helium discovery at its Rukwa project, which is believed to be one of the most considerable helium resources in the world.
In 2021, Helium One completed an initial public offering (IPO) on the London Stock Exchange, raising £6.5 million ($8.8 million) in funding. The IPO was oversubscribed, and the company’s shares began trading on the LSE in January 2021.
- Exposure to a growing market. Various industries consider Helium a rare and valuable gas, including healthcare, electronics, and aerospace. As a result, the demand for helium will continue growing in the coming years. Thus, creating potential opportunities for companies like Helium One, which focuses on helium exploration and production.
- Considerable helium resource potential. Helium One has significant helium resources in Tanzania, including the Rukwa project. This gives the company potential to become a significant helium producer and supplier.
- Experienced management team. Helium One’s management team has extensive experience in the helium industry, with a proven track record of success in exploration, development, and production.
- Positive industry outlook. The helium market has been experiencing tight supply conditions in recent years, which has driven up prices and created potential opportunities for new producers. In addition, the growing use of helium in emerging industries like quantum computing and nuclear fusion could further increase the demand for gas.
- Diversification. Investing in Helium One can add diversification to an investor’s portfolio, as the company operates in a unique sector and may not be directly correlated with broader market trends.
Main Competitors of HE1
Helium One Global Ltd operates in the helium exploration and production industry, which is relatively small and specialized. As such, only a few companies are direct competitors to Helium One. These companies include:
- Renergen. A South African company that focuses on exploring and producing helium and natural gas. The company has a helium project in the Free State province of South Africa, which is expected to be a significant helium resource.
- Royal Helium Ltd. A Canadian company that focuses on the exploration and development of helium resources in Saskatchewan. The company’s projects are located in the southwestern part of the province, a promising area for helium exploration.
- Gazprom. A Russian company is one of the world’s largest producers of natural gas. The company also produces helium as a byproduct of its natural gas operations, making it a potential competitor to companies like Helium One.