Redrow plc is a UK-based housebuilder listed on the London Stock Exchange. Its stock ticker symbol is RDW. As of September 2021, Redrow’s stock was trading at around 704 pence per share, and the company had a market capitalisation of approximately £2.8 billion. As of this post, Redrow Share Price is at 517.50 GBX.
Redrow plc is a UK-based housebuilder founded by Steve Morgan in 1974. The company started as a small civil engineering firm and gradually transitioned into housebuilding. In 1982, Redrow became a public company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, Redrow proliferated through acquisitions and organic growth. It expanded its operations to other regions in the UK and developed a reputation for building high-quality homes in desirable locations.
In the early 2000s, Redrow experienced some financial difficulties due to overexpansion and a downturn in the housing market. Steve Morgan, who had stepped down from the company in 2000, returned as chairman in 2009 and led a successful turnaround effort.
Under Morgan’s leadership, Redrow streamlined its operations, focused on building homes in high-demand areas and invested in land acquisition. The company also introduced new house designs and began building affordable homes for first-time buyers.
Today, Redrow is one of the largest housebuilders in the UK, with operations in England, Scotland, and Wales. It is known for its traditional-style homes and has won numerous awards for design and quality. In addition to building homes, Redrow also has a strategic land division that identifies and acquires land for future development.
Advantages of investing in Redrow plc may include:
- Strong brand reputation: Redrow has a long-standing reputation for building high-quality homes in desirable locations. This could translate into strong demand for its properties, even during economic downturns.
- Diversified operations: Redrow has operations in England, Scotland, and Wales, which can provide geographic diversification for investors. Additionally, the company has a strategic land division, which identifies and acquires land for future development.
- Focus on affordability: Redrow Share Price has tried to build more affordable homes for first-time buyers. This could help the company capture a larger market share and benefit from government policies to boost the housing market.
- Experienced management team: Redrow Share Price is led by experienced executives with a track record of successfully managing the company through various market conditions.
Redrow plc operates in the UK housebuilding industry, which is highly competitive. Some of the main competitors of Redrow include:
- Barratt Developments. Barratt is one of the largest housebuilders in the UK, with operations across England, Scotland, and Wales. The company builds various homes, from apartments to large-family homes.
- Taylor Wimpey. Taylor Wimpey is another large UK housebuilder with operations across the country. The company focuses on building homes for first-time buyers and has a strong presence in the affordable housing market.
- Persimmon. Persimmon is one of the UK’s largest housebuilders, focusing on building traditional-style homes in desirable locations. The company also has a strategic land division identifying and acquiring land for future development.
- Berkeley Group. Berkeley Group is a London-focused housebuilder that specialises in high-end properties. The company is known for its luxury developments and has won numerous awards for design and quality.
- Bellway. Bellway is a UK housebuilder with operations in England, Scotland, and Wales. The company builds a range of homes, from apartments to large family homes, and has a strong presence in the affordable housing market.