Seeing Machines Ltd is a technology company specialising in computer vision and related technologies. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) under the ” SEE ” ticker. It is also listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the same ticker symbol. As of this post, the Seeing Machines Share Price is 5.85 GBX.
Seeing Machines Ltd was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Canberra, Australia. The company was initially focused on developing technology for monitoring driver fatigue and distraction in the transportation industry.
In 2003, Seeing Machines began working with Caterpillar, the global construction and mining equipment manufacturer, to develop a fatigue monitoring system for heavy equipment operators. This partnership led to the development of the Driver Safety System (DSS), which uses a combination of cameras and advanced algorithms to detect signs of fatigue or distraction in drivers.
Seeing Machines went public in 2007, listing on the Australian Securities Exchange. In 2014, the company opened an office in Tucson, Arizona, to expand its presence in the North American market.
Over the years, Seeing Machines has continued to expand its product offerings beyond the transportation industry, developing technology for applications such as aviation, mining, and construction. The company has partnered with major industry players, such as Boeing and BHP Billiton.
In recent years, Seeing Machines has focused on developing its Guardian technology platform, which uses advanced computer vision and AI algorithms to monitor drivers and operators in real time, providing alerts and insights to improve safety and performance. The company has also made significant investments in research and development to stay at the forefront of this rapidly evolving field.
Seeing Machines is a technology company specialising in computer vision and related technologies. The company has developed advanced driver monitoring systems used in various industries to improve safety and productivity. Some potential advantages of investing in Seeing Machines may include the following:
Growing demand for driver monitoring systems: The transportation industry is increasingly focused on improving safety and reducing accidents. This has led to a growing demand for advanced driver monitoring systems, which can detect fatigue or distraction in drivers and alert them before an accident occurs. Seeing Machines is well-positioned to benefit from this trend, with a suite of advanced products and partnerships with major players in the transportation industry.
Expansion into new markets: Seeing Machines has recently expanded beyond the transportation industry, developing technology for applications such as mining, construction, and aviation. This has allowed the company to diversify its revenue streams and tap into new markets with high growth potential.
Strong intellectual property portfolio: Seeing Machines has a solid intellectual property portfolio, with over 120 patents and patents pending. This could give the company a competitive advantage in the marketplace and protect its technology from competitors.
Seeing Machines Share Price operates in a highly competitive industry, and several companies could be considered competitors. Some of the main competitors of Seeing Machines include:
- Smart Eye AB: Smart Eye is a Swedish company specialising in eye-tracking technology for the automotive industry. Its products are used for driver monitoring, occupant monitoring, and other applications.
- Visteon Corporation: Visteon is a global supplier of automotive electronics and connected car solutions. The company offers a range of driver monitoring and safety systems, including its DriveCore™ platform.
- Faurecia SA: Faurecia is a French company that produces automotive seating, interiors, and electronics. Its Active Wellness™ system uses cameras and other sensors to monitor driver fatigue and provide alerts.
- Affectiva, Inc.: Affectiva is a US-based company specialising in emotion recognition technology. Its products are used in various automotive industries to detect emotions and improve safety.
- EyeSight Technologies Ltd.: EyeSight Technologies is an Israeli company that develops computer vision and AI software for the automotive industry. Its products include driver monitoring, safety systems, and gesture recognition technology.