The London Stock Exchange (LSE) has listed TERN PLC under the ticker symbol TERN. As of 2021, TERN PLC was listed on the LSE’s AIM (Alternative Investment Market). TERN’s Share Price is at 6.50 GBp as of this post.
As a technology company, TERN PLC invests in and develops software and services focused on the Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain technology. The company has a portfolio of investments in other technology companies. In addition, it operates through its subsidiaries, Wyld Networks Ltd and Device Authority Ltd.
TERN PLC was founded in 2015 and is based in the United Kingdom. The company was established as a publicly traded investment company focused on technology companies—specifically those operating in the Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain technology sectors.
In 2017, TERN PLC acquired a majority stake in Wyld Networks Ltd. This allowed them to secure and resilient mobile mesh networking technology for IoT applications. This acquisition began TERN’s focus on investing in and developing technologies for the IoT industry.
Later in 2017, TERN PLC acquired Device Authority Ltd, a company specializing in identity and access management solutions for the IoT market. With these two acquisitions, TERN PLC began to build a portfolio of investments in companies that operate in the IoT and blockchain technology sectors.
Since then, TERN has continued to invest in and develop technologies for the IoT and blockchain markets and has worked to build its portfolio of investments in other technology companies. The company has also continued to trade on the London Stock Exchange, listed on the AIM market.
- Exposure to the growing IoT market. TERN PLC is focused on investing in and developing technologies for the Internet of Things (IoT) industry. As a result, investing in TERN PLC may gain exposure to this growing market.
- Experienced management team. TERN PLC has an experienced management team with a background in investing in and developing technology companies. This could potentially lead to solid investment decisions and effective management of the company’s portfolio.
- Diversification. TERN PLC has a portfolio of investments in other technology companies, which could provide investors with diversification across multiple companies and industries.
Main Competitors of TERN
TERN PLC operates in the technology industry, specifically in the Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain technology sectors. Some of the company’s main competitors in these industries may include:
- Cisco Systems. Cisco is a large technology company that offers a wide range of products and services, including networking hardware and software for IoT applications.
- IBM. IBM is a multinational technology company that provides services and solutions for various industries, including IoT and blockchain.
- Intel Corporation. Intel is a large technology company that designs and manufactures microprocessors and offers products and services for IoT applications.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS is a subsidiary of Amazon that offers cloud computing services, including those designed for IoT applications.
- Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft offers a range of products and services for IoT applications, including Azure IoT, an IoT platform that provides cloud services and analytics.